Twinkling of an Eye

Love these bathing beauties!

,,,in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.
For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:52

June 4

This past week some very dear friends have had their lives changed "in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye."  One's son was in a car wreck, another's husband had a stroke, and another listened as his father took his last breath.

Cherish the moments we have together and use words and actions which leave warmth after we are gone.

Here's a funny aside related to life everlasting and honesty of feelings.  Two of our grandchildren are spending the week. Today, I realized maybe there was a bit of controversy brewing as they have been vying for my participation in different activities. While I was cleaning the kitchen, I overheard the sweet younger sister saying, "Let's play a game where I kill you and send you to heaven with God." I immediately put down my rag and took them off to read the verses from yesterday's devotional entry!

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?