Buddy

Our favorite butterfly of the season.

August 5
Earlier in the summer, I nicknamed one of our yellow butterflies, Buddy.  We’ve had grandchildren with us all summer and Buddy has become a daily presence. I go out and sing for him in the morning and there he is!  He follows us from one side of the property to the other and even got on the inside of a covered raft with us one day.  I’m prepared to find Buddy dead one day and have to go through the learning experience of a burial or memorial with the butterfly mounted in a glass box.  Hmm, we may even include a field trip to the funeral home.  I thank God for the simple joy this butterfly has brought us this summer and the reminder he is of God's presence.

At daybreak, Jesus went out to a solitary place.  The people were looking for him and when they came to where he was, they tried to keep him from leaving them.  But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.  
Luke 4:42-43

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?