Steeple Chase

August 20
A sweet sister in Christ stopped by to share this book,that a friend of her made of steeples in our county. What amazed me was how many churches I had never even noticed. That got me thinking of how my mind is often on other things and not what God has placed right in front of me.  I think we miss so much of the Father's business, because we are consumed with our busy-ness.

Proverbs 12:11 says,
Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense.

We could head out on a steeple chase today, but what would be more impactful is if we chased, raced with our Bibles to our quiet spot with God and listened for instructions and for the work He has planned for us to do today.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.  Psalm 32:8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?