Anniversary

Practicing my BIG smile.  Going to get that left side back!
It still works to kiss if your wondering!
September 23
Today is our 37th anniversary and we are 8 hours apart, but close at heart.  The first thing I thought about this morning was to reflect on my wedding vows.

I, Boo, take thee, Deke, to be my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, obey, and cheer on your beloved Tar Heels till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance.

My man has stood by me through "all of the above" and while I was certainly ready to head to heaven  on September 14th, at the onset of the stroke, I"m thankful to have some more time making memories with the man of my dreams, my best friend, my encourager...the one whose kisses make my head spin!  Deke Andrews thank you for loving me as Christ loves us!

Today's Biblegateway verse is perfect for the battle I've been facing physically, but I also think it's a great marriage verse.

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.   Romans 5:3-4 NIV

There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered tell of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next.  In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged.  Quite the contrary-we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!
Romans 5:3-4 MSG



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?