Mirror Mirror Rolled in Front of Me

Missing Moses.  He would be the ultimate recovery buddy.
September 30
Button, button, who can do this and that with buttons (in occupational therapy yesterday) plum tuckered my left hand out! Sometimes I momentarily forget I've had a stroke, then the simplest task brings a subtle reminder.  Struggling to comprehend a couple exercise moves yesterday I asked for a  mirror to be rolled in front of me. The left side weakness became visible to me reminder and brought to mind the verse in James which relates to doing more than just listening to God's Word.  We've got to do what it says.
Likewise, if I want to return to full strength, I've got to do what my therapists say.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.   James 1:22-24

The other mirror verse that has played out in my head  (at least I know the Word of God is still in there) came to mind during one of my four CAT scans, when they were concerned about hemorrhaging.  I told the Lord, if now was the time I was so excited to see Him face to face.

...but when completeness comes....For now we see only a reflection  as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  
1 Corinthians 13:10, 12

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?