Sacrifices


Our daughter ministering to me and many others with her harp.

September 26
Yesterday, was a good day. The out patient therapy rehab has big windows and is bright and welcoming.  My new therapist has just the right combination of "push" and "praise."  She thinks they can get me to where I can do everything at home soon, since I am a hard worker!  Pray I don't slack off, but continue to realize the importance of persevering and challenging myself daily.

A phrase has been waking me up in the middle of the night lately.  It is "offering a sacrifice."  This morning I read back through Old Testament verses concerning all the different types of sacrifices.
Merriam Webster defines sacrifice as:"the act of giving up something that you want to keep especially in order to get or do something else or to help someone."

Humbled again, I looked at the bowl of cards people had taken time to send, the emails and Facebook messages, flowers, meals, gifts,  thought of those who have babysat for our grandsons, the sacrifices of time and money our children and my husband have made to come here and encourage me.  Those sacrifices are so appreciated and interpreted as touches of Jesus. Thank You

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.  And do not forget to do good and to share with others for with such sacrifices God is pleased.  Hebrews 13:15-16

My husband arrived last night and our son and daughter in law who live in Louisiana.



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?