Tereo

The serenity garden at St Thomas Midtown
September 27

A sweet sister loved by God sent me a "word of the day"...Tereo, which means to watch over, to preserve, to keep, to guard, and to attend to carefully.  Understand God is watching over you, He is keeping you, He is perserving you, and He is guarding you. And boy have I ever felt that!  I've got to do my part though and I blew it yesterday.

True confessions of s stroke victim.  I choose our son and daughter in law for the personal trainers of the day. I'd been assigned 3 exercises.  They were so encouraging as I worked on standing on one leg at a time for 10 seconds.  Ole lefty is topping out at 3 seconds best.  From there we moved to my upper body band work out.  The bands quickly turned into Ninja Turtle head bands for our TN grandsons and their dad.  The idea of  taking my walker and going to the park, which has a paved path, and working on my stamina really appealed to me.  We returned home to watch football and I fell fast asleep.  Should have called it a day at that point, but I really wanted to look for a picture frame (could have done it on Amazon) for some beautiful scripture cards one of our daughters made for me.  Pride got the best of me and I wanted to attempt this using the cane.  A couple hours after returning home my good leg was in terrible pain and I was unable to bear weight on it. Icing my ankle, popping an Aleve and elevating my leg, I began to fear another stroke might be coming on.    I thought I've ruined Monday's PT appointment at the new rehab and brought on a huge set back.

Opening Biblegateway this morning it was so good to camp out in Matthew chapter 6:25-27, 33-34

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body,
what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Today will be a day of rest!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?