White Hair


September 28
Yesterday was a good day.  I have the privilege of buying our four year old grandson his first bike and watching him test drive it through Walmart.  As we moseyed (my description of my new gate) out to the car I was overcome with gratitude and thanked the Lord for allowing me to accomplish this sweet feat.
We have laughed that my life will now be divided BS (Before Stroke) and PS (Post Stroke). I had started this devotional back at the lake...BS.

God makes me laugh.  Not being able to sleep the other night, I headed into prayer mode around 3AM.  The necessity to do some "cleaning out" in the house has been on my heart and discerning a method to that madness was foremost in my thoughts.  Seeing how a seasonal change is upon us, clothes sorting seemed to be a good starting point.
In my mind, I'm still 35 and I think some of the clothes I've held onto are geared towards a 35 year old and not a woman nearing 60!  When I opened Biblegateway that morning the verse made me laugh.  Time to toss some things I no longer need to be wearing in my "old age."

Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4 NASB

I opted for The Living Bible version, which omits the words "old age," when using this verse to encourage an older friend.

I will be your God through all your lifetime, yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you. I will carry you along and be your Savior.
Isaiah 46:4

The neat thing is that the timing of the clothes sorting came in very handy, as I had to have my husband bring clothes to me in Tennessee!  Also, looking back and reading Isaiah 46:4 I can say, God has been there throughout my lifetime and he certainly has been carrying me these past two weeks!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?