Check This Out-Psalm 40

November 25
Oh, how I hope you are able to more than gobble down turkey this week.  Take time to be thankful.
One of the SRT studies last week had me in Psalm 40 and was titled You Put a New Song in My Mouth.
Here are some Psalm highlights which are of so fitting for my stroke journey.

I waited patiently for the Lord.  v1
He brought me up from a desolate pit.  v 2
He put a new song in my mouth.   v3
How happy is the man who has put his trust in the Lord.  v4
Lord my God, You have done many things.    v5
Your constant love and truth will always guard me.  v.11
Lord, be pleases to deliver me; hurry to help me, Lord.  v.13
I am afflicted and needy; the Lord thinks of me. You are my helper and my deliverer; 
my God, do not delay. v17

My Response:
Lord, I wish I had this Psalm memorized and was able to recite it when in the presence of trouble. Thank You for guarding my mind from impatience and depression during this stroke recovery period. I pray for those whose battle is much bigger than mine and for those without You.  may others see me and say, "Happy is that woman, because her trust is in Jesus."  I do delight to do your will, so give me ears to hear and a heart to obey.

Dig Deeper.  This section asks that we dig deeper and reflect on life's dark valleys. Whew! The questions ask for vulnerability.

1) "When have you been in a desolate pit?"
         Lying on the floor at Betty Ashton's due to the stroke.
2) "How did the Lord set your feet on a rock?"
         Having those EMTs there in 3 minutes, lifting me up and taking me to receive excellent
         medical care in Nashville and by listening to the prayers of 100s of people for me.
3) "Are you in a desolate pit right now?"
        No, I'm in a mode of patiently waiting with the Lord. He's so close!
        I'm trusting the Lord to heal my brain.
4) "What has the Lord promised to do?"
       He will put a new song in my mouth.
       He will reveal fabulous plans for my life.
       He will deliver me from the troubles that will come into my life time and time again.
       

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1