Joy Complete

 Now this little fellow will get your day off to the right start with his enthusiasm and excitement.

November 9
Liz Curtis Higgs is a jolly ole soul and she's starting a weekly online study during this holiday season on "JOY."  Oh, how I love me a big scoop of joy during the day! Sign up for the weekly email at:
http://www.lizcurtishiggs.com 

On Thursday her post challenged me to be intentional in going to that deep place with Jesus during my prayer time.  My "fix this Jesus" list is long, and as she states,  "These are not bad prayers," but there's another aspect that should be in our prayer time. Check out what she says.  
She continues, "Jesus wants us to ask for things that glorify His name, proclaim His name, shine a spotlight on His name.  I'm fairly certain the things I've prayed for lately don't qualify. They're all about me or the people I love. Honestly? Focusing on Jesus doesn't even factor in.
Please, Lord, ease my brother’s pain.
  • Please, Lord, provide a new job for my son.
  • Please, Lord, help me finish this book.
  • These aren't bad prayers. Not at all. God is simply calling us to go deeper. To seek after the heart of His Son and listen to what He wants for us (not from us).  When our requests are all about honoring Him, we can be very sure of His response."
  • Ask and you will receive,...John 16:24
  • Not perhaps. Not might. You will receive.
  • "...and your joy will be complete." John 16:24

The morning I read this, I met Jesus in the shower.  It's such a great place for repenting and asking Him to wash my sins away.  In line with Liz's thoughts, I was realizing that since returning home I was missing the "depth of relationship" Jesus and I'd been experiencing walking through this valley called recovery.  Household chores, emails, doing therapy at home, trying to exist to the best of my ability in this new mode and Christmas catalogs in the mail were distorting the closeness we'd established.  I longed to be in His Presence, for that is where my joy is complete!

Yesterday, in church, we sang a Chris Tomlin song which was new to me, but rocked my soul to a sweet, sweet place.  It's called "You're a Good, Good Father."  If you don't have time to sing along, the lyrics are below.  As the lyrics mention, may He take you to a deeper place with him today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBmwwwiHrOk
Lyrics
Oh, I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're like but I've heard the tender whisper of love in the dead of night You tell me that you're pleased and that I'm never alone Chorus You're a Good, Good Father It's who you are, It's who you are, It's who you are and I'm loved by you It's who I am, It's who I am, It's who I am I've seen many searching for answers far and wide But I know we're all searching for answers only you provide Because you know just what we need before we say a word Chorus x 2 You are perfect in all of your ways You are perfect in all of your ways You are perfect in all of your ways to us You are perfect in all of your ways You are perfect in all of your ways You are perfect in all of your ways to us Oh it's Love so undeniable I, I can hardly speak Peace so Unexplainable I, I can hardly think As you call me deeper still as you call me deeper still 
as you call me deeper still into love love love


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1