More Than Anything

And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible,
like god refined seven times.
Psalm 12:6

November 10
While I intended to take on a full day yesterday with a couple friends, the Lord rearranged schedules and I had a day alone with Him.  Sitting at the piano I flipped through a song book and sang praise to the Lord. After five verses of Amazing Grace, I launched into the song As a Deer Pants for Water.
As a deer pants for water, so my soul longs after you.
You alone are my heart's desire and I long to worship you.

You alone are my strength my shield, to you alone will my spirit yield.
You alone are my heart's desire and I long to worship you.

I want you more than gold or silver, only you can satisfy.
You alone are the real joy giver and the apple of my eye.

You're my friend and you are my Father, even though you are my King
I love you more than any other, so much more than anything.

After singing I began to pray to the Lord.  My heart was so filled with joy, I told the Lord it would be ok if he beamed me up right that moment.  Then the true condition of my heart was revealed.  UGH.  He said, "You say you are ready for heaven, because life is a little tough right now.  I want you to long for  heaven simply because I alone am your heart's desire!"

Once again, getting alone and listening, I heard a needed message from the Lord.  Gently spoken in love, truth was poured out to show me how my spirit isn't totally yielded to Christ alone.  Heaven is appealing because there will be no sadness, no illness, no poverty or grief. The setting is supposed to be beyond the most magnificent site we've ever witnessed.  Brilliant colors, streets of gold, no darkness and intriguing, engaging brothers and sisters in Christ.  I want my relationship with Christ to be at the point where my greatest heavenly longing is to simply be in His Presence.
I'm singing this song to Him again this morning with a new depth of sincerity.

Today, I'm off to meet a hematologist and hope to gain insight into the mysteries of my blood.  My guess is she will want more of it!  Happy Tuesday to each of you.  May the Holy Spirit fill you up to be more than you ever thought you could be for the Kingdom.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?