Sinking Spell

November 4

The term sinking spell came to mind in reference to what happens to me sometime. It made me laugh recalling my grandmother's use of this physical description. Heading to the Fine dictionary for a formal definition I found:     "A temporary decline in health or value."
This publication also gave examples of this phrase used in literature. I delighted in this one:

He ain't as strong as he lets on, and he has sort of sinking spells 'long about noon.
"Mr. Opp" by Alice Hegan Rice
I had an emotional sinking spell yesterday morning.  The flood gates opened and the tears poured out.  Crying out to God I said, "I don't know what to do!"  At that moment a bird smacked into our bedroom window and startled me. Just the wake up call I needed as I remembered Matthew 6:26

"Look at the birds of the air: they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,  and yet your
heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

I will follow up tomorrow with a great devotional message, by Paul David Tripp, which God used to speak to me. And hopefully figure out what I've done to make that white highlighted area!  



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1