We're Not Perfect Yet



November 19
One of my brain exercises is an online site called Lumosity.  In the beginning, I got all stressed out because I wanted to do it perfectly.  Then I remembered what one therapist told me in relationship to all the exercises I was doing.  "Even it you don't do it perfectly, you are still helping the healing process by attempting the exercise.  You are training the brain to reroute from the injured area."

Now I'm able to to see the benefit in the process.  Also, at some point I recognized this site and the therapist intend to push me past the point of perfection for therein is the benefit.

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 18:30

Remembering only God is perfect, I headed to Biblegateway for some verses on perfection.  
The number one selected verse stopped me in my tracks.

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.  Matthew 5:48

Striving for perfection isn't a bad goal when it's done out of reverence for God and with reliance on the Holy Spirit. Reality is, we won't achieve perfection in this fallen world, but be made perfect upon entering our heavenly home.  Like the therapist with their physical goals for patients, God ups the level of intensity in his children's spiritual development.  Some of us are struggling to pass
"Jesus 101" because we can't accept that faith is just believing. For others at the graduate level of intensity that same basic faith is required to pass the tests which are tossed our way.

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.  2 Corinthians 7:1



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1