What's That Smell

November 11
A group of pastors used Shiloh last Wednesday as the location for part of a seminary graduate course    concerning the importance of restoration for pastors.  Friends pitched in to help me with the cleaning, luncheon food, and serving.  Then we got out of the way and allowed these men to enjoy their day and time alone with the Lord.

As they were loading back onto the pontoon boat, on which they had arrived, one young pastor asked to speak to me.  He gave me his card and requested I pray for him. Asking if there was something specific, he teared up and replied, "No, there's just a sweet, sweet smell in this place."  Looking into his eyes, I said, "His name is the Holy Spirit."

Do you have a place where you can go and encounter God and recognize the presence of the Spirit?
Do you have people praying for your spiritual walk and that you will hear from the Lord?
Are you praying these things become real and vivid for others?

Jesus says to his disciples in Mark 6:31
Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:31

Health Update:
I'm still a mystery! The hematologist was wonderful, but does not think the genetic problem I have, which is only found in .05% of people (she's never seen anyone with it), is the cause of the stroke.  It would be more likely to cause a clot in the legs, which would go to the lungs.  So more detailed blood work today related to clotting studies and then I see her again November 30th. I see a cardiologist this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1