100%

"God spoke. 'Lights! Come out! Shine in Heaven's sky!
Separate Day from Night.  Mark seasons and days and years.
Lights in Heaven's sky to give light to Earth.'
And there it was.
God saw that it was good. It was evening, it was morning-Day Four."
Genesis 1:14-15, 19
January 29
Being remembered is a warm fuzzy.  Even though snow hindered my original birthday plans this week, being stuck at home in the snow was okay and probably a much needed recovery from the festive life that comes with grandchildren underfoot.

I started not to write this "journal" post, being that Boojoyful doesn't like to admit when she's not joyful. The enemy is so clever in his attacks and earlier this week, he took two statements from different people I love and smacked me into a hole.  Fortunately, Jesus is a fisher of men and has pulled me out.

A close friend of over 40 years, whom I adore and know would give me the shirt off his back, called with birthday wishes. After singing "Happy Birthday" to me he said in his chipperest of tones..."So, you are 100 %."  "No, Im not," I replied, "but am thankful to be progressing."  In telling me a story of another friend, who had gone through a trying financial time, my friend said, "He's like you, always positive and trusting the Lord."

For two days, over and over the enemy tossed those comments at me.  "Ha! You are not 100% and if you remember someone else told you this week you were being 'testy.' That's far from positive."

My thoughts drifted towards believing my head will always feel like this and most likely I will have another stroke.  Fears of never being able to fly or drive alone to see my grandchildren crept in and thoughts that I'll never have the stamina to make Shiloh the place of festive, joy filled activities it's been in the past clambered for a place in my mind.  The biggest demon in the room was the fact I've not measured up to everyone's expectations to be 100% by now.
For my birthday, our daughter in law sent me a  handmade Be Still necklace and a book written by a friend of her's.  Beginnings. The First Seven Days of the Rest of Your Life by Steve Wiens.  I'm thoroughly enjoying both.  Just as my joy quotient was getting lower and lower yesterday, I read:
"The Hebrew word for "seasons"  is moadim.  It means "appointed times" or "sacred seasons."...Though we want endless spring and summer, fall and winter eventually come-some times far too soon...embrace each season as it comes, without wishing it away or trying to hold it too long."

Am I 100%?  Yup, I'm 100% for today and am up for whatever God has planned for this day!

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."
Ecclesiastes 3:1 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?