At All Times

A friend loves at all times.
Proverbs 17:17

Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,
and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice.
Proverbs 27:9
January 30-31

As I shared earlier the darkness was settling in, but God performed a rescue!  To lighten the mood, he impressed upon the heart of one of my closest church friends of 30 years to come visit at Shiloh.  When our children were young we were Sunday school buddies and lived only blocks apart. Several days a week would walk and craft together.   Then each  of our families moved away and she went back to work full-time.  We have missed one another greatly.  Wednesday night she called and said, "I have the day off!  I'm coming to visit and bringing lunch!"  It was a fabulous day.  I pulled out a couple small canvases, paints and brushes and painted for hours!  Afterwards, I went straight to bed with an exhausted smile on my face.

She is a treasure of a friend, who offers "heartfelt advice."  While we probably should have been doing something constructive like exercising, cleaning the house or cooking some meals for my husband, it was nice to sit and create.

I'm learning it's absolutely okay to be what I am right now.  I thank God for friends who love at all times without expectations.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1