Do You Feel Loved?



Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed for his compassions never fail.
Lamentations 3:22

Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love,
just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 5:1-2



January 9-10

Recently, we had the blessing of a visit from a very cute toddler.  This little man cruised and climbed through our home with great agility, while proudly toting around items that he found in his path.  I feared for his bare little toes or a possible hernia, as I watched him strain to carry a 10 pound hand weight.  Later on, I tried not to panic as I saw him entered our tiled family room carrying a large, ceramic cross.  Within moments I watched it crash onto the tile and break.  This little fellow had older siblings in the room who stood bug-eyed awaiting my reaction.  The older brother said, "We can fix it!"  Calmly, I picked up the pieces and said, "Accidents happen. This was from a dear friend, but it's only a thing."  The whole incident and item was forgotten until a couple days later, my husband came through the door from work carrying the same cross?  "There's no way you could have repaired that," I exclaimed totally puzzled.  "When you decorated my office years ago, you placed this cross in there.  No one will miss it in my office," he lovingly replied.  After dinner, I thought back to his actions and told him, "I felt so loved by your thoughtfulness in bringing that cross home."

Just to know we are on someone's mind means so much. Way too seldom, do I call or email someone when the Lord prompts me to pray for them. How that would lift their day.  The simple touch of a hand on my shoulder or a hug from someone when I've been lonely, grieving, or burdened has been interpreted as the arms of Jesus more than once. My arms need to reach out more often.  Having been an educator and being in love with one at the present time, I find myself praying often for teachers to have eyes to see into the hearts of their students and colleagues and know how to make them feel loved and appreciated.  I pray a similar prayer daily for parents and spouses.

The other morning my family members and their workplaces came to mind. I prayed that in each case they would be appreciated by their bosses and colleagues and they would look forward to going to work.

Human love will fall short and disappoint, but God's love is steadfast, filled with compassion and forgiveness. We can always look forward to entering into His presence.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1