Pretty Mama

Missing my girl.


January 26
A daughter is a treasure and it was a real treat to have this one home the past 5 days!  My husband was at school shoveling sidewalks in hopes of getting the students back soon and I sat quietly with a cup of tea doing a Bible study lesson.  One assignment was to write down the lyrics of a few hymns or praise songs that put you in a worshipful mood.  Boy did I have fun, singing alone in this house!

This is going to be lengthy, but I want to share a few...
 "Not For A Moment (After All)" by Meredith Andrews
You were reaching through the storm Walking on the water
Even when I could not see In the middle of it all
When I thought You were a thousand miles away
Not for a moment did You forsake me Not for a moment did You forsake me

[Chorus]
After all You are constant
After all You are only good
After all You are sovereign
Not for a moment will You forsake me Not for a moment will You forsake me

You were singing in the dark Whispering Your promise
Even when I could not hear I was held in Your arms
Carried for a thousand miles to show Not for a moment did You forsake me

[Chorus]

And every step every breath you are there Every tear every cry every prayer
In my hurt at my worst When my world falls down
Not for a moment will You forsake me 
Even in the dark Even when it's hard You will never leave me After all


"O Praise Him (All This For A King)" by David Crowder Band
Turn your ear To heaven and hear The noise inside
The sound of angels' awe The sound of angels' songs
And all this for a King We could join and sing All to Christ the King

How constant, how divine This song of ours will rise
O, how constant, how divine This love of ours will rise Will rise

O praise Him O praise him
He is Holy He is Holy (yeah)

Turn your gaze To heaven and raise A joyous noise
The sound of salvation come The sound of rescued ones
And all this for a King Angels join to sing All for Christ our King
How infinite and sweet This love so rescuing O, how infinitely sweet

This great love that has redeemed As one we sing

"Lead Me To The Cross"Francesca Battistelli
Savior i come quiet my soul remember redemptions hill
where you blood was spilled for my ransom
everything i once held dear i count it all as lost

lead me to the cross where your love poured out
bring me to my knees lord i lay me down
rid me of myself i belong to you
lead me, lead me to the cross

your were as i tempted and trialed human the word became flesh
bore my sin to death now you're risen
everything i once held dear i count it all as lost


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1