Real Success


Oh, my man I love him so.  We've been having fun!

January 27
Several times in my life I've had altercations with individuals which included the other person saying to me: "And you call yourself a Christian!" I'd like someone to take a snapshot of my facial expression when that is the defense shot at me.

Being a Christian doesn't mean we are perfect. While we desire to be like Christ, we fall way short.
Being a Christian means we are forgiven and we are to be forgivers!

The real life story of Joseph has always filled me with hope.  While altercations and sticky situations surrounded him, so did God.  She Reads Truth has a wonderful piece written on his life, which I think is really worth the read. The link it below.

"Real success is a transformed heart, mind, and life.  These are gifts of God's great grace. And God has already extended His favor to us, for He 'has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing' Ephesians 1:3.  So let us no rely on false measures, but instead look to measure our success by God's transforming grace."


http://shereadstruth.com/2016/01/23/joseph-in-potiphars-house/

Yesterday's Biblegateway verse in the NIV read:

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.  
James 4:10 

Those words can be taken palliatively.
Read it in The Message translation and you might need a big gulp of milk to get it down.

So let God work his will in you.  Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quite yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out.  The fun and games are over.  Get serious, really  serious.  Get down on your knees before the Master; its' the only way you'll get on your feet.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1