Regain My Sight



"...Jesus said, 'What do you want Me to do for you?' And the blind man said to Him, 'Rabboni, I want to regain my sight!' And Jesus said to him, 'Go; your faith has made you well.'  Immediately he regained his sight and began following Him on the road."
Mark 10: 51-52
January 6
One of our pastors preached on the perseverance of Bartimaeus, the blind man, who cried out over and over to Jesus.  His punch point was for us to "Have great faith and follow Jesus."  When the Mark passage above flashed up on the big screen at church, the words 
"I want to regain my sight" grabbed me and took me in the direction of evaluating how easily I can get off track from the vision to which God has called me.  Those visions, directions, paths, etc. have changed more often than the foliage on the trees during my life. Some which He has called me to  which I may need to allow to be re-birthed.  Others, I'm sure He found someone more obedient to carry through.

The pastor preaching referenced the phrase "imperfect progress" used by author Lysa TerKeurst.  She writes, "So many times I vowed to do better but failed. I'd be praising God one minute and then yelling and screaming at my child the next.  Then I felt the shame of that destructive behavior...It dawned on me what kept me from change was the feeling I wouldn't do it perfectly. It's okay to have setbacks.  Just keep moving the line forward.  Change will come. And it will be good."  

That's how imperfect progress works and God tolerates this process! Oooooo, He's already calling me back to move forward and complete a project I abandoned several years ago.  Will I be found faithful?

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1