The Advanced Slope


This is the first year we've attempted sledding on this advanced slope, which heads towards the water!
Praise God for a grandpapa who was willing to guard the bottom!

I opted out this year!

January 25
We live at the bottom of a 1/2 mile long driveway.  As the snow poured down Friday morning, I heard my husband say out loud: "There's no way a rescue vehicle would make it down here."  I haven't felt the best the past few days, not sure if it's the meds or fatigue, but those words started to make me anxious and then I quickly remembered whose in control.  My reply to that statement was..."Well, if something happens to me, just pack me out there in the snow until the funeral home can come and get me."

While I never mastered the black diamond slopes in my skiing days and will stay away from the advanced sledding slopes at Shiloh, I do feel like I've moved onto some advance stages in my faith.  Heartache, grief, fear and being generally out of control of life's circumstances tends to cause you to level up if you have a relationship with Christ.

My prayer list is currently laden with people facing the advanced slopes of life.  Battles that are truly ferocious.  Today, as I pack up my little sledders and thank them for coming to endure the storm with us, I will take the quiet of the afternoon to sit and before Lord with my list of petitions.

"We ought always to thank God for you, brothers an sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing."  
                                                                                                               2 Thessalonians 1:3


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1