Tunes Turned to God

The Night Before the Storm
Hanging Snowball Lights and Gearing Up For Snow Themed Games
Praising the Lord for our daughter and her two boys getting here safely today!


January 22
Soups on!  Cookies are baked!  And Papa has a new batch of beach tunes on the stereo.
As we listened to some of these old love songs,  I couldn't help but think of them in terms of my love for Christ and even the love the disciples had for Him.

 As we listened to "My Whole World Ended the Moment You Left Me" By David Ruffin, I told my husband that is what the disciples were singing when Jesus was taken away in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Then they could have sung...."I'm  Gonna Miss You" by The Artistics...

but as they thought back on Jesus' lessons of forgiveness a theme song for him could be...
"Never Gonna Give You Up No Matter How You Treat Me"  Jerry Butler

The best news for believers can be sung in these lyrics!
"Our Day Will Come" by Ruby and the Romantics

If I've offended some of you by confessing we listen to beach music, I'm sorry.  It turned out to be a wonderful time talking about the Lord!  Stay safe in the storm!

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil!   Proverbs 3:5-12


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1