Makes Sense

Check out what was hanging off our house during a recent snowstorm!
Being too cold for bare little hands to hold, we put these giant icicles in cups to suck on!

February 10
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,
instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and 
to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age.
Titus 2:11-12

Do I ever awaken and ask the Lord to fill me with the Holy Spirit, so that I can live sensibly, righteously and godly that day? Do I open my Bible with the intent of finding "how to" instructions on denying ungodliness and worldly desires? I should!  
The Lenten season kicks off today reminding us to stop, repent and reflect on our sinfulness and turn our focus to our Savior.
The phrase live sensibly in this Titus passage keeps reverberating in my mind.
When I see Jesus I want him to say, "You've been sensible!"  The qualities of righteousness and godliness seem like a stretch, but with God and the Holy Spirit all things are possible.

Dictionary definitions
sensible- possessing or displaying prudence (cautiousness); showing good judgement 
righteous-morally right or justifiable 
godly- believing in God and in the importance of  living a moral life; devout

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?