Renewal 1



Tuesday, thousands in our community, including the school where my husband works, 
were without power.  Many of the ice laden trees came tumbling down.


February 18
It's 1:41 and I once again I've given up on sleep and decided it's prime listening to Jesus time.  In my initial attempt to go back to sleep I set off into my Praise, Repent, Meditate and Pray routine.  It's been life changing!  One of the best times with Jesus I've ever had. I could die and go to heaven right now and feel like the life lesson I want to pass on was written by Paul in Romans 12 and transcribed perfectly for this generation in The Message. It may take several days for me to get through this, but I want to start with my wake up call, which was the word RENEWAL.

Reaching the meditation portion of my middle of the night encounter, I selected the memory verse our church is working on.  Romans 2:2

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind."

Renewal.  My first worldly thought was..."Do I have an overdue library book?"  Then the little word NEW jumped out.  Hmm, maybe the Holy Spirit hollered it to get me on the right track.  Webster's has this definition: "the state of being made new, fresh, strong."   Are you as excited as I am?  I am fired up.  Those adjectives are all desires of my heart! No matter how worn down, tripped up in tribulation or sin, or off track we've gotten, God is able to do a NEW thing with us!  Even for those who have died in Christ, God is doing a new thing!  An entire new body and new place to live without suffering and disease!

"See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:19

"And he who was seated on the throne said, 'Behold, I am making all things new.'
Also he said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.'"
Revelation 21:5 
(John must have been on such a high when God revealed the wild tale of what is to come!)

So much more to share, but just nibble on what NEW thing God is wanting to reveal in your life!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?