Renewal 2 The Repentant Part

February 19
The other day I sinned. (Every day I sin!) We have a beverage station in our kitchen where our coffee maker sits.  I've never had a cup of coffee in my life and have only attempted to make a pot a couple times, thus don't have a deep appreciation for the process.  The area was a mess the other day, coffee grounds, counter stains, spots on the floor tile.  I verbalized my disbelief that anyone could make such a mess.  The last comments of disbelief were not even out of my mouth when I wanted to throw up.  Not from the mess, but from my grumbling. I felt much worse from making those statements than from how I felt about the time it took to clean it up.  The worst part, the words couldn't be taken back.  (Ends up the cover of the coffee pot was broken and my kind husband hadn't wanted to trouble me to find a new one. UGH. Help me Jesus.)  I sought and received forgiveness, but Romans 12 has taken me deeper understanding of a specific aspect of the sin issue that arose.

Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection.  Outdo one another in showing HONOR.  Romans 12:9-10

Honor: Regard with great respect.

Respect:  Regard for feelings, wishes and rights. Avoid harming or interfering with.

Whew, wee!  I'm telling you, get alone with Jesus in a right relationship and he will do some fine tuning on your soul.  The amazing thing is how much better you feel after He's forgiven and renewed you.

Finally, reaching the prayer point of my "with Jesus" process I asked the Lord to help me show honor to my husband always.

Off again to praise, repent, meditate and pray.  I highly recommend the daily practice!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?