This is where I want to camp out for the next few days...Romans 12 The Message-
"Place Your Life Before God"
Paul starts out with the most important aspect of this teaching using the phrase "God helping you."
Within this chapter are prescribed attributes and actions which are not easily acquired by humans. #whatwouldwedowithouttheHolySpirit.
"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life-your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life-and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. v.1-2
These first two verses are chocked full of Godly advice which is good for the soul.
I'm printing these off and posting them on my bathroom mirror this week and asking God to help me.
1) Place your everyday life before God as an offering.
2) Embrace what God does for you.
3) Don't automatically fit in to the culture.
4) Fix your attention on God and let him change you from the inside out.
5) Readily recognize what God wants and quickly respond.
6) Praise God for bringing out the best in you as he matures you.