Romans 12:9-13 a Heavenly Habit

Our oldest granddaughter with her Mama Boo
February 23
The Bible is like a fabulous box of chocolates.  There are lots of favorites inside!  If I was being sent away and allowed to only pull out a few pages to take with me, Romans 12 would be a contender.

"Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it.  
Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good.
Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
Don't burn out; keep yourselves filed and aflame.
Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant.
Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder.
Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
Romans 12:9-13

What a perfect "to do" list.  At first glance you might think, "Those things don't come naturally, how do I accomplish such character?"  First, we must remember it's the Holy Spirit in us who pulls off such a feat.  Secondly, once we start living this way it will become come a heavenly habit!  Rereading the list several times I knew I wanted to memorize it.  At first glance it seemed overwhelming, then I remembered months ago when I took line dancing lessons and had to put all those steps together.  With God, all things are possible.
I'm going to chew on this all day!

Simplified:
Love for real, don't fake it.
Run from evil, cherish what's good.
Be a good friend, be 2nd
Don't burn out, rest
Be ready to serve happily
Don't quit, pray hard
Help Christians thru hospitality

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?