Team Work & Character


Love watching these two play together.

February 8
"...we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."  Romans 5:3-5 

I'm a southern girl who grew up in a football loving family, married a college football player who coached for 20 years, and I watched all five of our sons don school football uniforms and go at it. So, yes, I did watch Superbowl 50 right to the end.  During the season I pulled for the Carolina Panthers, being the closest thing we have to a home team.  As the pre-game week wore on, I began to tire of Cam Newton's being a character and appreciate Peyton Manning's humble character and his AGE! Yup, I found myself pulling for the old man to be able to go out with a win.

Last night's game was all about the difference great defenders can make!  We have a fabulous defender in Christ Jesus and he makes all the difference for us in this game of life.

"The Lord All-Powerful is with us; the God of Jacob is our defender."
Psalm 46:7 

Since, "a cheerful heart is good medicine" (Proverbs 17:22)  I did watch the commercials.  I definitely related to the woman having the ultrasound, while her husband ate Doritos, but the Buick wedding setting, where the bridesmaid goes long to catch the bouquet was my favorite. 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?