Eye Sight and Insight

Our granddaughter at a doctoral celebration party for our daughter!
May 23
Following the stroke there was an issue with my left eye.  Diligently, I worked on the prescribed exercises, but had waited until my regularly scheduled yearly appointment in May to see if the issue had resolved. Praise the Lord it has and my doctor said she was thrilled to see my eyes so healthy!

Good eye sight is such a gift, so is godly insight!  I prayed for a good verse on insight and opened up Biblegateway and there as the verse of the day was Romans 11:33.

Such a good reminder.
"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!"

I'm printing off these two passages from Psalm 119 to pray regularly.

"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me-my whole life one long, obedient response.  Guide me down the road of your commandments; I love traveling this freeway!  Give me a bent for your words of wisdom, and not for piling up loot.  Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets, invigorate me on the pilgrim way.  Affirm your promises to me-promises made to all who fear you. Deflect the harsh words of my critics- but that your way is always good. See how hungry I am for your counsel; preserve my life through your righteous ways!" Psalm 119:33-40

"Let my cry come right into your presence, God; provide me with the insight that comes only from your Word.  Give my request your personal attention, rescue me on the terms of your promise.  Let praise cascade off my lips after all, you've taught me the truth about life!  And let your promises ring from my tongue; every order you've given is right.  Put your hand out and steady me since I've chosen to live by your counsel.  I'm homesick, God, for your salvation; I love it when you show yourself!  Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well, use your decrees to put iron in my soul.  And should I wander off like a lost sheep-seek me!  I'll recognize the sound of your voice.
Psalm 119:169-176

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?