Goals

We had the privilege of baby sitting this little fellow and he wanted to play goalie!


May 9
Goals are important to have in life.  Our nation is in such disarray. 2 Chronicles 7:14 holds within it's punctuation some good goals for us as Americans. It is prefaced with the stipulation of holding true for "God's people."

"...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Sunday we were worshiping at one of our son's churches and there were several baptisms.  Each individual had been interviewed and videoed before hand and their testimony was shared on the big screen. The first young man brought me to tears as he told his story.  As a child he'd prayed with his mother and grandmother, but he said he had no idea who he was praying to.  In college he went to church and it felt good, but he walked out each Sunday heading back into his worldly college fraternity lifestyle.  It was a comment by his fiancé that set a new goal before his life.  She shared with him, "I've been praying for God to give me a holy husband."
Tears dripped from this young man's eyes as he said, "I knew that was not who I was." Plugging into a Bible based church he humbled himself before the Lord and others and prayed for God to transform him into the husband this woman whom he loved desired for him to be!  Now that's a great goal!

For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.
1 Thessalonians 4:7  

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?