Teamwork




May 5
We dusted away the pollen, cleaned the boat, dock, patio, outdoor chairs getting ready for a prom night photo shoot and it rained!!!  Fortunately, there was only a mist when the kids arrived and we scurried around the property (well the girls in high heels didn't scurry) taking pictures in the woods and even on the water.
My husband was in his usual servant mode as I tipped him off to our next move in the photo shoot and where I'd needed his help.  Several of the students mothers had come with their cameras as well. One lady looked at me and said, "You two been together a long time?"  I said, "Going on 38 years."  She said, "How long did it take you to get him trained like that?"

My husband said, "I hope you told her once you became a submissive wife, it happened."

"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord."
Ephesians 5:22

We both ended the evening, sore and exhausted from the spring cleaning prep work, but thankful to have a place God can use.  We have a scripture sign on the basketball court which says:

"I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young woman."
Job 31:1 

My husband thought we should have placed that in the photos!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?