Fishing in a Fog


June 24

Maybe the reason I'm so drawn to this early morning foggy fishing photo I took this week is because the last nine months I've lived in a bit of a fog, as a result of the stroke. It  reminds me of the pillar of cloud God gave the Israelites to follow.

Life serves us up times which lack clarity.  Times we cry out, "Are you there Father?"

Holding in a lot of grief from a triple whammy of hurt the past 10 days, I went outside alone on our screen porch.  It's a place I love to seek the Lord. Hanging up from a phone call in which I was trying to stay strong, I burst into tears and sobbed.  At that moment, one of the most ferocious winds I've ever experienced burst forth.  The trees shook, our patio umbrella literally sailed through the air. I knew without a doubt it was God saying to me: "Do you not know who I AM?  I am the Almighty. Do not fear!"  I lifted my arms into the air and sang out praise saying "What a mighty God YOU are."  As I sang the winds stopped and the finest mist blew through the screens across my face, mixing in with my tears.  Never have I felt the Lord any closer than at that moment.  As my spirit calmed at the remembrance of who He is and where He has taken us before, the mist turned to a beautiful rhythmic downpour.

Picking up the phone I called my husband at work and said, "I've just been in the Presence of the Lord and on Holy Ground. It was amazing!"

Our problems aren't gone, the heartache is still deep, but by faith, I know God works all things together for good and am excited to see what He has next.

"...but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength;
they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grown weary;
they will walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31


The storms will pass and we will see a rainbow soon.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?