SOUL

Soul



June 14
A dear, dear friend called last week with news of the tragic death of a friend.  Numb and in shock, we knew we needed to go be with the family.  Arriving at our destination we walked into the rental car lot.  Way at the end of the lot high above the other cars was a mustard yellow, boxy car.  I turned to my husband and said, "Watch, that will be our car."  YUP, it was.
I quickly uttered, "There is no way we can pull up in front of there house at such a sad, sad time in this bright yellow box."  My husband said he would go back and switch it out.  The heat and humidity were stifling and I didn't want to delay our arrive, so I said we'd just go.  Fortunately, there was a large hedge where we could hide the car and it was not visible from the front of the house.  Every other car there was black or navy.

I had assumed my girl friend's parents, whom I adore, would be at her house, but no, it would be necessary for us to drive this bright box over to their house.  They did not see the car when we arrived and assumed someone had dropped us off to visit.  The father, said, "Don't you need a car while you are here?  Please take mine."  I replied, "Oh, no.  We were given the ugliest rental car in the whole lot."  He wanted to see it and walked outside and chuckled for the first time in days.

Our children knew we were traveling and I sent them a photo of the car. One replied that she thought God did that to bring a little sunshine to a dark, dark time.

Not until we were at the airport returning the car did I see the name on the car...SOUL.

"Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress;
My eye is wasted away from grief, my soul and my body also."
Psalm 31:9

"My should weeps because of grief; strengthen me according to Your word."
Psalm 119:28

"Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield."
Psalm 33:20

"Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my soul."
Psalm 54:4
God is in the very details of our life!



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?