Tell of His Blessings & the Wonderment of His Ways





These three really love each other.

June 2

I'm currently in a study on C.S. Lewis' book The Screwtape Letters with a group of ladies.  Each week we begin with a sharing time of praise and prayer.  One woman gave testimony to the numerous ways God had shown up the past week as their family faced the surgery her daughter in law was having for a cancer found in her mouth.  She listed off step by step, from tiny to big, the ways she saw the Lord show up!  It was fabulous.

Picking up a journal some girlfriends gave me after the stroke, to use as my "Surrendered Summer" journal, I read on the front John 1:16

"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another."


Do we tell of those blessings?

My body feels totally beaten up right now from the two accidents which occurred this week, but instead of having the mind set of "How could God have allowed those things to happen?" I am overwhelmed with the protection surrounding me in each scenario.  Tuesday night, when my husband arrived home, we went back to the dock and discussed what had happened.  The water level had gone down almost a foot!  Had it been like that when the kayak flipped my face would have smashed into the rocks and being on a blood thinner that could have been disastrous.  I am blessed.

A couple of the discussion questions in the C.S. Lewis class,  led us to remember, our ways are not the Lord's, we are not even capable of understanding the magnitude of His greatness.  We think within our worldly confines and seldom are able to comprehend the way God is working for our own good.

Sarah Young wrote in Jesus Calling, June 1,

"I am involved in each moment of your life.  I have carefully mapped out every inch of your journey through this day, even though much of it may feel haphazard.  Because the world is in a fallen condition, things always seem to be unraveling around the edges.  Expect to find trouble in this day.  At the same time, trust that My way is perfect, even in the midst if such messy imperfections. Stay conscious of Me as you go through this day, remembering that I never leave your side.  Let the Holy Spirit guide you step by step, protecting you from unnecessary trials and equipping you to get through whatever must be endured.  As you trudge through the sludge of this fallen world, keep you mind in heavenly places with Me."


"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 
Do not fear; I will help you."
Isaiah 41:13




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?