Unraveled


"The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent."
Exodus 14:14

June 9
The day was filled with chores and responsibilities.  Rushing to pick up my computer and an assortment of other items from the end of the bed, I felt where it was saturated. Immediately, I looked to the ceiling to see if there was a leak.  Next I leaned down to see if there was an odor. Neither investigative tactic revealed the source of the problem.  Quickly, I began to strip the bed, tossing the blanket and comforter into the dryer and sheets to the wash...not on the day's schedule.  Remaking the bed I looked at the upper edge of our beloved Egyptian cotton blanket. It was a frayed mess.  My solution was to turn it upside down.

That is what has happened to our lives lately...they've unexpectedly become unraveled...turned upside down.  The triple whammy has hit leaving us only one way to look...UP! 

While many suspect car travel as the source of my stroke, I've wondered if a hidden stress from a hurtful conversation a few days before could be the culprit. So, with all we are facing I know it is best to lay our troubles down at the Lord's feet for HE is ABLE and each of these problems has the signature of the enemy written all across it.

"Be alert and of sober mind.
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
1 Peter 5:6 

I do not think it is coincidence that my memory verse for this week in summer Bible Study is:

"The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent."
Exodus 14:14
In each of the scenarios we are facing, my human instinct is not to keep silent, but to be heard and to issue a warning to others surrounding the situations. That's not what the verse says to do.
It's 1:30 in the morning, I cannot sleep due to all the places my mind is racing.  I know this is not good for my health or living in obedience to the Lord.

My path crossed with one of our pastor's wives moments before life started unraveling.  I asked her to pray for us as it felt our lives were being bombarded.  I will go back to bed with the verse she sent on my heart...
"The Lord your God is in your midst. A victorious warrior.
He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, 
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy."
Zephaniah 3:17 

Pray I can keep silent and trust in the Lord. Help me, by not calling and asking what is going on, but remind me from whence our help comes.

"My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:2


"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You.
'Trust in the Lord forever, For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock."
Isaiah 26:2-4 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?