Give Thanks In Plenty

A childhood friend is a wonderful nature photographer in Nashville.
Aren't these turkeys terrific!


November 24
As I studied this lesson, The Doxology came to mind.  When I googled to see if I could find it on Youtude this amazing acapella opening to a wedding came up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjpG0SeXYU


We have so many blessings, but the ones we are quick to give thanks for are the tangible/earthly ones. Family, food, housing, jobs, friends, etc. Likewise, when we enter a time of prayer, our wants related to those in our face needs surface  more quickly. Our greatest blessings and therefore our greatest needs lie in the spiritual realm and are heart related.

The She Reads Truth writer for this entry reminds us:

"For the believer, plenty and want are both constant states of being. Yes, we all have real, felt needs. And we have noticeable, tangible blessings. But beyond the surface—in light of eternity—our constant state is a want of grace, and God is our constant and plentiful supplier. HE is our plenty... Our cups overflow with the grace and mercy of an Everlasting God—they overflow because there is always more than we can ask or imagine. THIS is our plenty...And let us give thanks." SRT

"You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."
Psalm 25:5a


Think how much grace one saint requires, so much that nothing but the Infinite could supply him for one day; and yet the Lord spreads his table, not for one, but many saints, not for one day, but for many years; not for many years only, but for generation after generation.”
–C.H. Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Let's pray a prayer using 1 Chronicles 29 and Psalm 105.

We sing praise to you, Lord, you are from everlasting to everlasting and we will make known to all the nations what you have done.  Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power, and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours.  May the hearts of those who seek you, Lord, rejoice. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things.  In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.  Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. Through the name of Jesus, who makes our access to You possible.  Amen

Here's another fun link. This ballad collage was made by the folk singing family the Gundersons. 
The songs radiate the thoughts in this lesson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVuoZ19Tfw

Most likely Psalm 23 is memorized and deep within your heart.
Let's use The Message Translation today and praise the Lord as David did.

'God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True is your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.

Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.
You served me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing.
Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life. 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?