Give Thanks in Waiting


November 28
No one likes to wait! But it's a key element in life.  It would be interesting to look back on life, especially as a teacher and a parent, and see how many times I said, "Wait! Wait!" I bet we could quickly make a top ten list of our current "waits."

The She Reads Truth author for this final entry related to thanksgiving writes of living life always waiting in hopes the next season of life will be better.
"All that hoping for the next season stopped when I found myself in one unchangeable, immovable time. There was nothing I could do to change my circumstances. There was no way around this time of life, and the only way I was going to come out on the other side was to endure... I learned that sometimes waiting is the season. Sometimes endurance is the lesson. Sometimes simply getting through it is the most sanctifying, holy thing you can do...I was forever changed when I stopped looking to the next season to make my life better and started looking to Jesus...So, while you groan, while you wait with expectation, can you also look to Jesus and ask that He sit with you?"


This has been such a powerful study.  Thanks for letting me use this format the past two weeks.  Now Advent awaits us!  The coming of our King!  For today let us pray... 

Heavenly Father, we are truly thankful. Thankful for the way you love us and long to be with us forever.  We choose to allow the peace of Christ to rule in our hearts and for his word to dwell richly in our lives, teaching and admonishing us in all wisdom, singing to God psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thanksgiving in our hearts. By the power of the Holy Spirit we desire that whatever we do, in word or deed, it may be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. For he is good, he is faithful. In Jesus' Name. Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?