Boys and Bulldogs

See the orange  ball in the air? Pretty funny.
One of the grandsons was throwing it while this photo was taken.
Love these boys. I thank God for them and  know they will always have my back.
Samson has stolen my heart! Is he cute or what?
Such a timid soul.  When startled he hides under a table.
We will protect you Samson.


February 9
God always has our backs, our fronts and protect us from whatever puddle of life we might be standing in at the moment.

"You are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."
Psalm 32:7

The Bible says, "God is love." 1 John 4:16

1 Corinthians 13:6-7 encourages us with this characteristic of love.
"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trust, always  hopes, always perseveres."

The storyline continues to enhance when we realize the way God has designed for believers to love one another and thus protect and trust one another, while encouraging each other in hope to persevere.  Thank God for Christian fellowship!

2 Thessalonians 1:3 says:
"We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing."

Reflecting on protection, my mind flashed back to a BSF lecture I heard. The speaker posed a question, which I turned into a prayer request.
Father, change my heart to want to love those I'm protecting myself from.

Whew.  Right now stop and be real as you lift up the list of people you are protecting yourself from and I don't mean international terrorists.  It could be a neighbor, a classmate, a business associate or a relative. An individual you have realized it is best for your health to avoid.  Be real. We all have these people in our lives.  The question is are we praying for God to give us hearts to love them?

I know. I ruined your day. Bet my list is longer than yours.
The Bible issues a challenge for us to do just this.

"You're familiar with the old written law, 'Love your friend,' and its unwritten companion, 'Hate your enemy.' I'm challenging that.  I'm telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst.  When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves,  your God-created selves. This is what God does. He gives his best-the sun to warm and the rain to nourish-to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus?  Anybody can do that.  If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal?  Any run-of the mill sinner does that.
In a word what I'm saying is, Grow up. You're kingdom subjects. Now live like it.  Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you."
Matthew 5:43-47

Yes, Father, change my heart to want to love those I'm protecting myself from. In Jesus' Name, Amen







Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?