The Light Above


February 25-26
In-between praying, I've been fretting a tiny bit over a big situation.  While traveling yesterday, I had six hours alone in the car with Jesus.  I'd wavered between trying to figure things out on my own and trusting that God has this!

So, I'm sitting in a left turn lane waiting on this light to turn green. It goes through a whole cycle and skips me.  Thus plenty of time to take out my phone and snap this photo. As I'm considering my options of just running the red light or switching lanes and going to the next intersection, I realize the song lyric on the radio just said...  

"Keep your eyes fixed on the light above."

Yup, God had my attention and I told him I was trusting him with my every move. At that moment the light turned green.

No one can ever convince me that God Almighty isn't aware of every second of our lives!

It's 3:00 AM and I've been awake for awhile listening to the Lord. This is what I'm hearing...
"Unplug from the world and approach me."  Looking up the word approach I found this definition:
"Come near or nearer to someone or something in the distance."  That's very biblical.

"Come near to God and he will come near to you."  James 4:8

"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart....let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."  Hebrews 10:22-23

So, for the approaching Lenten season, which begins March 1st, after 17 years of being here with you, the plan is to unplug and approach God alone, for awhile.

Here's a link to the song which was on the radio called "Beloved!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJFUW3VenY



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?