All God's Ways

The little people are starting to arrive for the summer, 
so I think I'm going to start taking off Saturday in addition to Sunday with these posts.
Hope you can see the dragonfly that landed and remained contently perched on my husband's hat!
Creation makes me smile!



June 16
There is a point in true worship where the mind may cease to understand and goes over to a kind of delightful astonishment-to “transcendent wonder,’ a degree of wonder without limit and beyond expression. It is always true that an encounter with God brings wonderment and awe.”  A.W. Tozer

This week of our women's summer study is on Adoration.  I took my ABC prayer game and switched it to a worship game. Then challenged the women to take some of these characteristics and descriptions of God and journal how they have been evident in real life.  

A-    Awesome. Abba, Ancient of Days, Alpha and Omega, Adoni, Advocate, Almighty, my All in All, the one I Adore, the Author, all-powerful
B-    Bread of Heaven, Bright, Blessed is your name!  Beautiful, bountiful, bold
C-    The Cornerstone, Creator, the Christ, the Coming One, Close to Us, Companion
D-   Defender, Deliverer, Our Delight, the Door, Divine
E-    Everlasting, Eternal, Excellent, Everywhere
F-    Father, Faithful, Forgiver of sin, Fortress, Friend
G-    God, Glorious One, the Giver of Life, Gracious, Generous
H-   Holy, Holy, Holy, , Holy Spirit, my help, our High Priest
I-     I Am, Immanuel, Indescribable, infinite, immortal
J-     Joy giver, Judge, Just, Jehovah-Jirah (our provider)
K-   King of Kings, kind, keeper of Israel
L-    Lord of Lords, Light of the World, Love, Lamb, Life
M-  Messiah, Most High, Magnificent, Mighty, Merciful, Morning Star,
N-   Name above all names, never far away, Never sleeps or slumbers
O-   Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscience, Only Begotten Son
P-    Prince of Peace, Promise Keeper, Provider, Powerful,
Q-   Quieter of my heart, Quick to hear our prayers.
R-    Righteous, Redeemer, Rock, Refuge, Resurrection and the Life, Restorer of my soul, Ruler of Heaven and Earth
S-    Savior, Sovereign, Strong Tower, Shepherd, Shield,
T-    Transformer, Trustworthy, True
U-   Unbelieveable, Unchanging, Understanding
V-    The Vine, Vast, Victorious
W-  Worthy of Praise, Wonderful
X-    X-tra special
Y-    Yahweh, yearns for us
Z-    God of Zion, zealous

My example:
Father when I start to fret, I switch gears to praise remembering that  you are the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the One with total control, I look to You.  Last summer You proved yourself to be our Defender in an uncomfortable situation.  You took me to Exodus 14:14 and taught me,  “The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent.” Season after season through the beauty of nature You remind me you are Everything and Always at work.  Your healing hand has been upon me as I've watched my body recover from childbirth, cuts, flus, ruptured discs, strokes!  Watching our children and grandchildren be born and grow, our pets provide delight, singing praise on the patio with sisters in Christ and a simple sunset boat ride on the lake all afford me opportunity to call You, my Joy Giver,  and when the world is out of whack, when evil raises it’s ugly head and my heart aches for those who are hurting I lift my eyes to You or sometimes fall on my face in tears, but it is in that sweet Father/daughter fellowship that You are the Quieter of my Soul!

Today's Biblegateway is quite fitting:

"Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him."  Psalm 103:13

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?