Way Up High

These three taking the chair lift  "way up high" in Park City, Utah
August 25
"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Isa. 26:3

My mind is on grief overload and the only way to survive is to focus on Christ. 
Last night talking on the phone with my husband, he said, "How can we be closely related to so many tragic events?"  Just grasping anyone of them tugs terribly at my heart. There are so many close to our hearts that I find myself just sitting and gazing out.  Today, when our daughter called to FaceTime (I'm on a long baby sitting gig) the boys were playing in the basement totally naked. (We'd just come in soaked from water play.)  She said, "I'm glad to see Mama Boo has her clothes on."
1
Just hours before, I'd received a text from one of my closets friends asking me to thank God for protecting her son, who is an assistant manager at the restaurant in Charleston where the shooting took place.  She asked for prayer for the wife of the executive chef, who was killed, and their two little boys. My friend's son is the other person who was threatened by this man on Monday. Today was his first day off in 10 days or he too would have most likely been shot.
2
Another friend texted Tuesday for prayers for her teenage brother, who has been charged with second degree murder.
3
Our sweet daughter-in-law established a Caring Bridge site for her brother who remains unconscious from viral meningitis.  It's been 8 long days.  Please cry out for God to heal Brandon.

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bacarlson

I know Jesus made it clear we WILL have trials!
I know there are great lessons to learn in the trials.
I know there are leaps of faith made bringing individuals to a saving knowledge of Christ in trials.
I know God is brought glory and we grow in faith as we persevere at times like this.
I know God's ways are WAY HIGHER than ours.

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. Im the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."  John 16:33

Today, as I sat and pondered life, God said, "Sometimes I have to overload you to get you to remember to release your burdens to me!"  Well, he's certainly had me in that position this week.
Just taking care of two sweet little bodies has been enough reason to call out to Jesus.  When one began to cry because he didn't like his dinner, which HE had selected at the grocery store today...
I said, "Whoa!  We don't cry over dinner.  Now if your brother is in the hospital and can't wake up, or your brother is in jail, or a really good friend tragically died today, then you can cry....but not over dinner."  That may have been a bit much for a 5 year old, but he stopped crying!

As I post #25 below, I wish I was snuggled up to my husband.  He is the ultimate promotor of peace!
See below: Does Beach music count as bring about a sense of serenity?  It does at our house!
Many of you reading this devotional have been to Shiloh.  When I get home I think we will get a kick out of discussing which people have brought a sense of serenity to Shiloh!

Love to each of you. May we live each day knowing we do not walk alone and for those of us in Christ we are walking towards something Way Up High!

Day Twenty-five of Encouraging Your Husband
"Seek peace, and pursue it." Ps. 34:14b

Before you consider whether these verses describe your husband, consider your own presence in the home. Do you promote an atmosphere of peace, or do critical words often flow from your mouth? Do you struggle with anger? If so, before you continue with your Encouragement Challenge, confess these sinful habits to the Lord, and determine to speak words of peace to your family today. 

Does your husband bring an atmosphere of peace into your home? 
Is his presence a calming influence? 
Does he bring music, entertainment, books or people into your home that build a sense of serenity?
Let him know how much you appreciate this wonderful quality, and support his choices. 

If, on the other hand, he is quickly angered or he creates chaos rather than calm, ask God to give you an abundance of the kind of peace that will speak to his heart. Be patient and loving. Create an inviting atmosphere of peace, as much as possible.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?