Be of Good Cheer


October 27
While on the phone with my BSF leader Monday night tornado warnings were swirling across the TV screen.  Laughingly, I told her that if we got taken up tonight we could rejoice because we'd be dancing together in heaven the next day!   When I hung up the phone from chatting, my husband came back into the room. He said, while you were chatting away it was pretty scary here. (Says the man who went outside to see if he could see a funnel.)

Had our children or grandchildren been here we would have been downstairs in an interior room, but there's such a peace about eternity and that the best is yet to come we are slower to panic these days.

The BSF leader said, "I appreciate how you are able to laugh and find joy in every situation."

Why is that I thought?
1) Because I know the best is to come in heaven. Revelation 21:1-4
2) Because I know it beats the alternative of growing anxious. Philippians 4:6
3) Because my life verse begins with "Be joyful always."  1 Thessalonians 5:16
4) Because John 16:33 says "In this world you will have trouble; but be of good cheer,
     I have overcome the world."

Not one of those realizations would be possible without being in God's Word.

"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16-17

Let's choose to lather ourselves up in  God's Word today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?