Delayed Obedience


If this one had delayed obeying her parents by jumping into this pumpkin it may have 
become a sticky rotten mess.

October 6
While out washing windows on a gorgeous fall day, listening to praise music on The Journey FM,
a great idea devotional idea came to mind.  Instead of dropping my rags and going inside to jot down the idea, I washed a few more windows and the idea was gone!  All I remembered was that it had three parts.  Crying out, "Lord, help this old brain!" What I was trying to recall did not surface, but a lesson in delayed obedience did reverberate,
Some ideas/promptings have to be enacted at that moment or the opportunity is lost.  The skill is learning to determine God's voice, being quick to listen, and quick to recognize His timing. I'm learning to use the "notes" app on my phone and when a thought/idea comes, I try to jot down what I'm hearing.

"But everyone must be quick to hear..."
James 1:19

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?