I Need Help.



October 18
Last week our daughter and I accompanied her boys on a hay ride and s'more roast! Personally, I find the marshmallow roasting to be the best part of making s'mores! While in multitasking mode, roasting marshmallows, taking pictures, laying out supplies and wiping sticky fingers, a gentleman interrupted me to acknowledge I was about to put a flaming marshmallow on a graham cracker! That could have literally been a hot mess! His input was greatly appreciated!

Sunday, as I was walking the boys to their Sunday school classrooms, I heard our children's director explain to her daughter, who had just asked her if she could help...

"I know I need help, I just don't know when or where!"

Isn't that profound?  We are all going to need help at some point and in some capacity! Whether it's to keep us from placing flaming marshmallows in our mouths or onto a graham cracker, telling us to watch the speed limit, or stepping in to help in a larger capacity, we need one another!

The help we need comes from the Lord! Whether he sends that assistance in human form or through directing us by His Holy Spirit, He's the One ready to meet our needs.

"My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:2

"The secret of the Lord is for those who fear Him, and He will make them know His covenant.
My eyes are continually toward the Lord, for He will pluck my feet out of the net."
Psalm 25:14-15

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?