To Be...Invited

March 21
You know the feeling you have when you hear there's been a party, an outing or a book/dinner club formed with a group you consider you friends and you weren't included.  Maybe it came in college days when that invitation was not extended to join the sorority or fraternity of your choice.  It happens in Christian circles as well...sorry there's no room in this Bible study or prayer group.

Well, it never happens with Jesus!  His table is never full and his door is always open for walk ins!

The morning I was writing this (these posts aren't always time sensitive), I had awakened early with sciatica pain.  My eyeballs weren't really ready to open, but I heard God say, "Come on!  Get up and be with Me. You have a busy day, let's be together before you begin."  What an invitation. He always wants to be with us.

He invites us on fishing trips!
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will send you out to fish for people."  Matthew 4:19

He invites us to take a nap; to be refreshed.
"Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."  Mark 6:31

He invites us into His life.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7

He invites us to live in his eternal neighborhood.
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:3

He invites us to eat with him.
"Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me."  Revelation 3:20

RSVP!  Tell Jesus you'd love to accept his invitation today to be with him!

Here's an invitation! I'm gathering a group to go see the movie "I Can Only Imagine" at Westlake Cinema at 1:00 this Friday. You're invited!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?