To Be...Life Giving

These two make me smile.

November 7
The past two weeks we've been surrounded by a lot of life threatening situations, not life giving kind. Our painter's fall, three other friends whose husbands are fighting major health battles and then a call to check on a possible suicide.  

As I road with my husband to meet police officers to assist us in checking out this particular situation I was encouraged by opening Jesus Calling and seeing these scripture verses.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."   Romans 8:38-39

Philippians 4:12 always has to be tweaked a little bit for me.

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation."  

The Boo version: "I am learning the secret of being content in any and every situation.  Jesus you are my joy."

As we were departing to meet the police in what could have been a very tragic situation, my husband didn't want to take my car. I asked, "What is wrong with my car?"  He said, "It's your license plate. Iam4joy."  Maybe not the best plate to drive up to a distraught person's home, yet on the other hand maybe it would open the door to a conversation about where my joy is found.  Jesus is my Joy Giver, not worldly occurrences.
We opted for the 1Thes2:17 car.  "Pray without ceasing."  Our prayers were answered and this person had not harmed himself.

Thankful Thoughts:
Thank God for the needs He has met in your lifetime.
Thank God for an area of your life which you have learned or are learning to be content.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?