To Be...Praying for Wisdom

Daddy's helper!
November 14

"We have not stopped praying for you since the first day we heard about you.  In fact, we always pray that God will show you everything he wants you to do and that you may have all the wisdom and understanding that his Spirit gives."  Colossians 1:9


Monday night I was giving our six month grandson his evening bottle and whispering Colossians 1:9 into his ear, along with the good night song I sing to my grands which goes like this....
"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, angels watching over you.
  Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, I'm not scared!"

Then yesterday, I opened Biblegateway and there was the Colossians passage again extended to verses Colossians 1:9-12  It makes a powerful, powerful prayer.

Father, for everyone reading this devotional today I commit to pray that You will show them everything you want them to do and that they will have all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.  Then they will live a life that honors You, Lord, and they will always please You by doing good deeds.  I pray they will come to know You, God even better.  Your glorious power will make them patient and strong enough to endure anything, and they will be truly happy.  I pray that they will be grateful to You, God, for letting them have part in what You have promised Your people in the kingdom of light.  In Jesus' Name, amen.

Would you stop right now and pray that Colossians prayer for me, yourself and at least ten other people in your life?

Thankful Thought
Thank God for placing people in your life to pray for you.
If you are reading this you have had Colossians 1:9 prayed for you by me!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?