Confidence


March 8
As my husband went through a church call to be the campus pastor of our church, I lacked confidence in what that meant for both of us.  Again and again I would awaken and say "God I can't do this! I don't want us to do this!"  He affirmed that I could not do what we were being called to do, but I could lean on Him and his Holy Spirit to show us step by step how to answer this call.  My confidence would not be found in my abilities, but in my faith in God and his abilities. 

Confidence-firm trust; a feeling certain about the truth of something.

Where is your confidence lacking?  
The old saying goes: "If God has called you to it, God will see you through it."

"We have a great high priest who is in charge of God's house. So let's come near God with pure hearts and a confidence that comes from having faith.  Let's keep our hearts pure, our consciences free from evil, and our bodies washed with clean water.  We must  hold tightly to the hope that we say is ours. After all, we can trust the one who made the agreement with us."  Hebrews 10:21-23 CEV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuZPOVFcFJ4


"So give me faith like Daniel in the lion’s den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?