Is There a Difference


This made me laugh.

March 4
"Are you angry with me?" the inquiry can come from my husband.  "No, just disappointed," is my reply that makes him shake his head.

You see, I know God does not want me to allow the sun to go down on my anger, but is there a scripture stating disappointment is wrong.

Sometimes we try to lesson our sin category justifying our actions. Nope, sin is sin.

Likewise, I know it is a sin to worry/be anxious. Philippians 4:6 is ingrained in my mind.

"Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God."   

What I've had to come to grips with is that being afraid is sinful.  It shows a lack of trust in God. I think in my mind fear was coming from an outside force and worry/anxiousness from within me, so there was a difference in the degree of the problem.  Nope, sin is sin.

"...fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

My sin issue is in not trusting God as the all powerful, all knowing, all sufficient God he is. When I grow anxious or fearful I'm saying God is not sufficient.  What a devil trap.  If the enemy can tangle us in a web of fear/anxiety he can render us useless.  May we be quick to recognize sin and even quicker to remember who God is.

Can I get a hallelujah!  Amen!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?