God's Project

By day four I was so sore! My husband came home and found me scraping away in this position!

Get into a "project" where you are all alone with the Lord and he will teach you great things.
It may take a week of writing to express what God has been teaching me.

"But Christ has blessed you with the Holy Spirit.  Now the Spirit stays in you, and you don't need any teachers. The Spirit is truthful and teaches you everything. So stay one in your heart with Christ, just as the Spirit has taught you to do."  1 John 2:27

For the past week I've been working on our deck and railing.  There are 21 6 x 6 posts and I haven't even considered counting the the spindles in-between.   Next I will cut in the deck for my husband to stain. Part one was scraping and sanding and as I did that God showed me that is a process He is continually involved in with my life.

There is so much build up from the world to scrape away.
First- Confess the sin that tarnishes my life.

The sanding process is the fine tuning.
Second-Use the Word of God to smooth over the rough edges from the scraping

Then the painting begins and what was old looks refreshed and beautiful.
Third-Through the Holy Spirit's teaching, understanding is revealed!  Acceptance of and appreciation for the make-over, the refurbishing, sets in and rejoicing occurs.  It's truly a beautiful experience and you cherish the realizing that the Lord is working in your life.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?